Does your internet feed look like my internet feed? Headlines clog the traffic, headlines that follow all the rules for getting one’s attention:
- 10 DIY hacks you NEVER knew you needed.
- 5 things you NEED now to change your life.
- The 3 things you HAVE to do right now.
- This is the MOST hilarious thing ever.
- This is the BEST thing ever.
- This is the saddest THING ever.
- THIS is the craziest thing ever.
- This is the most beautiful thing EVER.
- A lady combines vinegar and bath towels. You won’t BELIEVE what happens next.
- YOU need to see this.
- You want to seeTHIS.
- You MUST see this.
- IF you don’t ClickThisLinkReadThisPostWatchThisVideoJoinThisMailingList RIGHT NOW, well, I don’t think you know that you will cease to live or breathe or let your heart beat. Really. All the websites tell you so. And everyone knows that we should believe the internet.
“Hi friend, let’s talk.”
Now you’ve got my attention.